Saturday, February 2, 2008

guanajuato, mexico

Clara Green
Bajada de Gavilanes #22
Col. El Carrizo 36000
Guanajuato, GTO
36020 MEXICO


Phone #: (from U.S.) 011-(52) (473) and then my house #, 732-1779


From what I know so far, my host mother is Sra. Veneranda Váldes, my father Sr. Heriberto Mata, and my sister Veneranda (in her early 20s).

Our program director sent this description of them:
"Veneranda (who goes by “Gorda” – even though she’s really not!) and Heriberto (Heri) own watch/jewelry stores around the downtown area. Their youngest daughter, who goes by “Vene” lives at home, and Erika, another daughter lives in town and works at one of the family stores. In the house, all three have a great sense of humor and joke around a lot. They are really caring people."

I will be leaving on February 7th and will update the blog as soon as possible. Here are a few pictures of the place I will be:







2 comments:

Josie Duffy said...

omg this is nooooot funny. i can't believe you're leaving me.

but also, this looks AMAZING cla cla bring me some bomb ass jewelry. you WOULD end up with host families who own a jewelry store

Michelle said...

Good LORD I love the pictures!!!

I'm so glad everything is wonderful there...I'm about to bookmark your blog haha.

Love you..