Saturday, May 3, 2008

...

Mary just left and we had a wonderful time together. It was nice to see a familiar face, especially such a well traveled, fun one. We met up everyday except for one, often to just drink a beer in the plaza or walk around. One day I ate with her family which was really nice, as I got to speak with new people and practice my formal tenses (usted), which I don't get to use very much, since I mostly talk with friends and my family. Luckily, it cooled off a tiny bit before Mary arrived, so the city wasn't quite so steaming during the day. We took some cool pictures together and I know she is going to make a neat photo album of her trip, which will be nice to see when I get back. I keep telling myself I could also make a photo album, but I know that might get pushed back to a summer day at home.

Days keep passing by quickly and I watch myself try to squeeze in every possible activity into the span of a day. I am more than exhausted but feel like I should go out as opposed to sleep. I can tell it's catching up to me today, as I felt overly emotional and cranky.

Homework is also catching up to me and I am trying to start working more. It seems it was all given at the very end of our time here, so I really need to get to work. My main project is a big research paper in which I am looking at the stigmas surrounding sexual education and STD testing in Mexico. I had an interview on Wednesday which was fascinating but also really upsetting, as I learned that the Mexican government releases completely incorrect statistics and no one knows the reality of the situation.

More to come later, off to do some work.

No comments: