Sunday, May 18, 2008

party

Piñatas should be a requirement of every party. Yesterday I threw a get together on the roof of Jose’s hotel. I spent the whole day on his motorcycle going to buy food and drinks at the cheapest places, which was definitely worth the time because I saved a lot of money. His house is right downtown so it has a beautiful view, and we were first graced with a gorgeous sky around six, and later an amazing nighttime look of GTO. A lot of my friends were there from my program, plus Andres, plus Jose and his sister and her friends. It was a good time, topped off by the piñata which was named Lil Jeannie (it was originally bought for my friend Jeannie’s party and looks like her), which we all took turns at while accidently hitting each other instead. We also played the Adverb game, which has become a favorite of our group. We try to play it in Spanish but sometimes English is the only thing that comes out when you are laughing so hard you can’t stand up. Here is Jeannie’s description of the game from her blog: One person has to leave the room while the others decide on an adverb. Then the person who left comes back and decides on a scene (A lawyer arguing with a judge, a couple cleaning the house before the in-laws come, at a rooster fight– which the actors took to mean that they were the roosters, etc) and picks the actors to act the scene out. The actors have to act out the scene in a way that describes the adverb that was previously selected, and then the person has to guess what the adverb is by watching the actors. Needless to say, it was a good time. I took a lot of pictures which I will try and post soon.

I turned in my 20 page paper yesterday, which was a relief although I must admit it was never too stressful. I think returning to NYU is going to be a pretty big shock, since I haven’t been there since December 15 and a whole semester of work in GTO is comparable to maybe a week at NYU.

Very few days left, so I should begin packing soon. I’m going to spend some time today with Andres just buying things I want to bring back, including presents, and taking pictures (If anyone wants anything in particular, let me know). Friday night we leave for the beach on an overnight bus. We should arrive early Saturday morning and will stay there for a few days before we go to Guadalajara, where we will stay with my sister’s friends. And then May 30th, I’ll be back in Atlanta for a hot, lazy, nice summer. I’m off, will update soon.

No comments: